Friday, November 12, 2010

Omens of CAT 10

"Do you believe in omens?" came an SMS out of the blue this morning on my phone.
"No" was how I chose to reply it.
"Oh. Well, I think an omen is telling me that I should not solve NATCATs now", he persisted.
"Don't be silly. You are an engineer. Show me some logic. It's ridiculous."
"Believe me. Last night I kept my NATCATs in a bag that I accidentally happened to leave on my veranda. It all got wet. So I felt an omen was trying to influence me."
"Cut it dude. You gotta be kidding me."

This is only one of the several such so-called omens I have been hearing about from students still to take CAT 2010. I remember while Akash was sharing 'The First-hand CAT experience', a student asked if he could take his lucky watch along at the CAT centre. 'Grow up' was how Akash responded to it.

And that's what I have to tell you my dear students. For your own sake people, have faith in your abilities and your potential to perform. You have followed a rigorous and systematic, not to count a logical, process and yet you lose heart at the last minute.. Please do remember this my dear ones that even if you lose momentum for a few seconds before the finishing line, the entire race is lost.
Don't lose it guys. Not yet. There's a battle ahead. Go and win it! You can do that without the omens. Beleive me guys, you don't need them at all because you have worked hard. 

Now give me that winner's expression! 
God Bless 

2 comments:

  1. This OMEN thing is everywhere in every walk of life. I still remember when we were kids and were watching cricket matches, even moving or changing postures was considered to be a bad omen (esp for India). One always had the risk of being scolded on such a thing.

    For all CHEMpions: My personal experience with Competitive Exams (which has been good) has tought me that it is all about remaining competitive till the last second (or milisecond) of your preperation and even exam-duration. And with the GD phase round the corner, being competitive will matter all the more.

    - Anurag Jain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anurag thanks for the insight
    Mukti

    ReplyDelete

Healthy discussions and disagreements are encouraged, however Comments shall be moderated for abusive or targetted language. Kindly exercise discretion.
-CH Edge Admin